Have you heard that sound is the latest technology making noise in the advertising industry? This sensory technology is poised to take off and will have a direct effect on advertising as we know it. The beauty of sound is how it lets advertisers engage and communicate with people regardless of their device or location. And there’s no need for any hardware installation to experience the technology. What’s prompting this progress is the arrival of special sound technology from startup LISNR. Forbes.com featured details on how this technology will bring powerful sound to advertising and why it’s generating so much buzz throughout the advertising industry.
It’s Time for Advertisers to Listen Up
LISNR is a startup that’s become the talk of the advertising industry after winning the Gold Lion for Innovation In Mobile at Cannes Lions last year. It got the industry buzzing about the way it allows brands to communicate with consumers through their digital devices and participate in every stage of the consumer journey. The technology works this way:
- A special type of smart tone that’s undetectable by humans is played over an audio broadcast system in a consumer’s home or at an outside venue.
- This smart tone will activate any digital device that has installed the LISNR API/SDK.
- Once the device is activated, any content or promotion the brand desires is sent directly to the consumer’s device.
4 Reasons Why Sound Technology is Resonating with Brands
1. Simplicity and Stability: An array of new technology like beacons and Bluetooth have the potential to completely change the way that brands interact with consumers. With the arrival of sound-based model LISNR, many of the previous challenges brands faced in implementing these technologies will become obsolete.
2. Joining the Consumer Journey: This exciting technology will enable brands to communicate with relevant consumers along every step of the consumer journey. For example, brands can send special offers directly to consumers when they see a certain ad at home. And at the point of purchase, brands will be able to send content to consumers at the moment they’re shopping in a store. This content will be targeted to items that the consumer has previously expressed interest in. So brands will easily be able to take part across the spectrum of consumer awareness, interest, and action.
Like what you are reading?
Follow MDG Advertising and always be in the know.
3. Integration of Out-Of-Home Ads with TV: With LISNR, brands will have the newfound ability to directly bridge out-of-home advertising with consumers’ in-home TV experiences. This opens up endless opportunities for communication and allows for more creativity than ever.
4. Unlimited Creativity: The varieties of content that sound can deliver is endless and exciting. It will provide a blank canvas for storytelling and allow creative marketers to engage and immerse consumers on an additional sensory level.
LISNR has brought extraordinary success to its early brand partners, which is why advertisers should pay attention to its potential to transform the industry.
MDG Advertising, a full-service advertising agency with offices in Boca Raton and New York, NY, is one of Florida’s top branding firms. MDG’s capabilities include print advertising, direct mail marketing, branding, logo design, creative, media buying and planning, radio and TV advertising, outdoor, newspaper, digital marketing, website design and development, online video advertising, infographic development, email marketing, video marketing, mobile marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, paid search marketing, and SEO. To learn about the latest trends in advertising and branding, contact MDG Advertising today at 561-338-7797 or visit mdgadvertising.com.