MDG Advertising is an established Boca Raton ad agency looking for an expert print production artist with at least 5 years of ad agency experience. The right person will create flawless mechanicals that meet the requirements of our vendors and the high standards of our agency and its clients. You’ll need to be super organized to keep up with our fast-paced environment and detail oriented to ensure the accuracy of all print projects--from the time layouts are received until the time the final files are built, collected and released. A positive, professional attitude will also be helpful for collaborating with our creative team and implementing their vision. If this sounds like you, we promise you an exciting environment, a rewarding experience, and competitive compensation.
The person we’re looking for must:
- Have expert technical proficiency in Adobe CS programs and Acrobat.
- Be skilled in the composition and retouching of photos.
- Have exceptional attention to detail.
- Be familiar with prepress and industry-standard printing practices.
- Balance day-to-day projects with rush jobs to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding workflow.
- Establish good working relationships with agency team members under both optimal and challenging conditions.
- Understand the critical role of a production artist within an ad agency.
- Be able to legally drive or have reliable transportation.
Candidate is required to:
- Build computer mechanicals based on approved layouts, always maintaining the creative integrity of the original concept.
- Update and revise existing files.
- Review artwork specifications prior to releasing files to ensure that they adhere to vendor requirements.
- Preflight, collect, and release accurate print-ready files for ads, collateral, direct mail, billboards, POS, signage, and other projects.
- Ensure and be responsible for the quality and accuracy of mechanicals created for publications, printers, and other vendors.