Jr. Account Executive
Report to and assist the account director in managing multiple accounts and leading projects, including strategy, creative development, production, and execution.
Develop an understanding of the client, industry, and target audiences. Learn the client’s business to become an expert on its services, goals, and competitors. Participate in strategic discussions, develop briefs, and aid in research. Help the agency create, sell, and execute great work.
Develop a good working relationship with clients and the various departments within MDG Advertising, including creative, digital, media, and production.
- Provide day-to-day support and client contact via telephone, emails, and meetings.
- Handle the execution of jobs, including trafficking, status reports, conference reports, budgets, estimates, and billing.
- Assist in setting meeting agendas and content.
- Participate and provide appropriate points of view during meetings.
- Manage schedules, timelines, budgets, and approvals to help lead the overall process.
- Help to manage creative development (client approvals, briefings, check-ins).
- Understand the client’s business, brand, and target audiences. Read trades, third-party research, and all agency/client presentations.
- Learn the client’s core brand strategy and be able to talk about it.
- Work with internal agency and client teams to ensure that the client’s end-to-end marketing process runs smoothly.
- Prepare competitive POVs and business/brand insights.
- Coordinate meetings by ensuring that conference rooms/calendars are booked, attendees arrive on time, meeting room and documents are prepared, and AV has been checked.
- A solid understanding of integrated multi-platform advertising.
- Experience working on email, digital, and social media campaigns.
- Ability to build strong internal working relationships and with agency partners and clients.
- Knowledge of media fundamentals: media plans and buys, creative rotations, and material insertions.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and an eye for accuracy.