Web Development & Interactive Design Agency with offices in Boca Raton & New York CityFor You:
A Custom Approach for Effective Websites, Web Applications, Tools, and Dashboards
When it comes to web design and development, taking a one-size-fits-all approach often leads to an ill-fitting solution.
Out-of-the-box methods that utilize pre-developed themes and functionality may be quicker to deploy, but they can also result in unnecessary code, features that complicate the user experience, and long-term security risks.
At MDG, we don’t crank out hundreds of cloned or duplicate sites every month. We don’t give our clients the same code, design, templates, or plug-ins that were created by other people or companies. We don’t outsource our development or cut corners in order to speed up the process.
What we do is focus on the creation and development of custom websites and experiences that are as unique as each and every one of our clients.
We bring our years of experience and expertise creating custom websites, tools, and applications to each and every build. Our philosophy is to tailor solutions that cater to the needs of the user and that remain consistent with a client’s vision.
While we adhere to best-practice/industry-standard development methodologies, we do not leverage pre-developed, generic themes. Elements such as third-party plug-ins are only deployed when fully vetted and necessary. Our solutions are always secure, custom built, and designed to be unique in appearance as well as functionality.
Having built hundreds of large-scale websites, web applications, tools, and dashboards, we’ve established a defined and well-vetted development process. This rigorous, tried-and-tested protocol ensures that your solution is built to perform at a high level and satisfy all project requirements.
Regardless of the size of a project, we take the same three-phase approach:
Phase 1: Research, Discovery, and Analysis
In this initial phase, we work to identify the needs of the client as well as the user, and determine the opportunities and challenges within the space. Deliverables in this phase can include:
- Existing website/solution review, domain audit, and analytics analysis
- Competitive assessment
- Thorough scope of work
- Target audience definition
- User scenarios and personas
- Functional goal analysis
Phase 2: Technical and Architectural Design
Once we determine who’s going to use the solution, how they’re going to use it, and what opportunities there are to leapfrog the competition, we develop the blueprint, which may include:
- Feature matrix
- Navigation scheme
- Keyword research
- Content strategy, development, and refinement
- Technical specifications
Phase 3: UI/Visual Design, Code Build, Test, Deploy, and Monitoring
After we’ve developed a clear architecture and technical foundation, it’s time to put the strategy into practice and develop. Deliverables for this phase can include:
- User interface (UI)/user experience (UX) design
- Mobile-responsive front-end and back-end coding
- New content creation
- On-site SEO setup, monitoring, and optimizations
- Usability testing
- User acceptance testing (UAT)
- Cross-browser, -platform, and -device testing
- Server setup, deployment, and ongoing monitoring
Creating compelling, well-performing experiences and solutions doesn’t just require the right process—it also requires the right people. MDG is a full-service marketing and digital agency with experts in a wide range of areas, including:
- Custom software/web solutions using popular (Laravel) and proprietary frameworks
- Development for many popular CMS platforms, including WordPress
- Information architecture geared toward specific target audiences
- Lean software development, including version control and continuous development
- Content strategy, development, and refinement across multiple formats
- User interface and user experience design and testing
- Wireframing, prototyping, feature matrix mapping
- Integration of third-party platforms, APIs, and methodologies
- Competitive assessments, site reviews, and audience definitions
- Cohesive style and visual guides for intuitive user experiences
- Responsive and mobile-optimized design approaches
- Search engine optimization (SEO), including technical and keyword approaches
- Current, stable, and secure web development approaches and standards
- Custom analytics and conversion-tracking solutions
- Social media-friendly architecture and integrations
- Server/back-end setup, deployment, and monitoring
- Development of secure solutions, as well as ongoing security updates
- Rigorous Q&A across different platforms, browsers, and device types
The Right Solution for Your Business
MDG’s experience in building hundreds of websites, web applications, tools, and dashboards means that we have a strong understanding of the needs of businesses in specific verticals.
For example, take multi-location companies and franchises. We know it’s important for these firms to have the ability to add, edit, or delete locations within web solutions. We also understand how important it is for each of these locations to rank organically in a specific geography on search engines.
We have the expertise in this area to tackle common questions, such as:
- Should I have a separate website URL for each location, or should they all be on the same website? What about sub-domains?
- Can I use the same copy for each location (and just change the city or location name) or does it need to be unique?
- Do I have to create a completely custom website for each of my locations in order to achieve the best SEO?
Many of these have clear answers, but not all. Some require specific approaches based on the type of business and its audience’s behaviors.
Ultimately, that’s why we take a custom approach to web design and development. We truly believe that tailored strategies, presentations, and functionalities both benefit consumers and set businesses up for long-term success.
Learn more about how we help businesses build exceptional custom solutions.