With patients taking their health into their own hands and gaining control of their healthcare decisions, healthcare providers must find new ways to connect with these empowered patients. The answer lies in marketing to patients. Brands need to maintain a strong brand image that reflects the patient’s values, distinguish their brand from competitors, and create a positive patient experience that leaves a lasting impression. Without accomplishing these goals, healthcare brands may struggle to survive in today’s patient landscape. To help healthcare brands achieve these goals, MediaPost.com shared these five tips:
1. Prescribe Employees as Brand Advocates: A brand’s employees need to represent and uphold the values of the healthcare brand to keep it alive and well. To convey the proper brand image, make sure that employees always express values such as respect, care, and compassion.
2. Treat Patients to Constant Compassion: Patients want healthcare providers to be compassionate to their needs, so it’s important for providers to give them caring, comfortable, and clear communication to create a the best patient experience. Take the fear out of their health scare by having genuine conversations, giving them written guides for care, and even offering videos to explain their procedures. All of these personal steps will ensure clear communication and let patients know that providers truly care.
3. Comfort Patients with Comfortable Surroundings: Hospital rooms have an effect on the patient’s healthcare experience. That’s why it’s essential to design these rooms to be as comfortable as possible and reflect what patients will want and need. By taking these caring steps, healthcare providers can provide a much better patient experience.
4. Provide a Dose of Clear Direction: Sickness can be a scary time, so make it simple for patients to quickly find your healthcare facilities by creating clear on-site signage through prominent signs, as well as online with virtual maps.
5. Make Valet Parking a Regular Practice: Providing valet parking for patients not only eases their entry and departure, but also makes them feel well cared for both before and after treatment.
Try these valuable tips to keep a hospital brand doing well.
Discover effective marketing tactics to keep healthcare brands in good health. Contact MDG Advertising.
MDG Advertising, a full-service advertising agency with offices in Boca Raton and New York, NY, is one of Florida’s top healthcare marketing companies and branding firms, whose healthcare clients include Dental Care Alliance, MDVIP, Max Planck Florida Institute, HCA East Florida, Primary Pharmaceuticals, and MD Now. MDG’s core capabilities include branding, logo design, print advertising, digital marketing, mobile marketing, email marketing, media planning and buying, radio and TV advertising, outdoor, newspaper, video marketing, infographic development, website design and development, content marketing, social media marketing, and SEO. To learn more about the latest trends in healthcare marketing, contact MDG Advertising.