Small and mid-sized local businesses are always searching for links to help them generate more awareness and new business. Now a new report from Alignable has found that maintaining a presence on Facebook provides that connection for these companies. Adweek.com shared more from the report to show how Facebook is the form of social media marketing that’s bringing local businesses face-to-face with more exposure and customers.
Alignable’s study focused on social networking for local businesses. It polled more than 1,200 of its users to learn how they’ve been using Facebook for marketing. The survey was limited to business-to-business and business-to-consumer North American companies with fewer than 50 employees.
The results revealed that Facebook provided the greatest success, as shown by these statistics:
- 63% percent of local businesses mainly used Facebook via desktop.
- 37% primarily used Facebook via mobile.
- 50% of respondents used only organic reach through Facebook.
- 38% uploaded videos to Facebook in the first quarter of 2016.
- 69% were likely or somewhat likely to upload videos in the second quarter of the year.
- 61% that paid for advertising spent less than $50 each month.
- Only 6% have started testing paid ads on Instagram.
Three other predictions and plans shared by respondents in the report included:
- There’s a huge opportunity to boost usage and spend on Facebook by promoting local-oriented education and providing dedicated programs.
- Through further education, local businesses are open to either increasing or testing efforts regarding Facebook ads.
- Mobile, video, and Instagram will be key areas of growth for both small and mid-sized businesses.
Get the latest updates on social media marketing. Contact MDG Advertising.
MDG Advertising, a full-service advertising agency with offices in Boca Raton and New York, NY, is one of Florida’s top branding firms. MDG’s capabilities include print advertising, direct mail marketing, branding, logo design, creative, media buying and planning, radio and TV advertising, outdoor, newspaper, digital marketing, website design and development, online video advertising, infographic development, email marketing, video marketing, mobile marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, paid search marketing, and SEO. To learn about the latest trends in advertising and branding, contact MDG Advertising.
Written by Michael Del Gigante