Online video is not only visually stimulating, but research has repeatedly shown how YouTube video views can stimulate keyword search on Google, Yahoo, and Bing. As a result, 80% of advertisers plan to spend more on the development of online videos in 2012. The remaining 20% plan to keep the same online video spend as last year. These were just two of the findings from the recent video metrics survey conducted by Rocket Fuel. In addition, comScore released data citing more than 20 billion video ad views from the 183 million Americans who watched more than 44 billion online videos in June. MediaPost.com featured additional findings to show how online video is playing a larger role in advertising budgets.
According to comScore, Google sites driven by YouTube video viewing received 158.3 million unique viewers to rank as the top online video content property in June. Facebook followed with 61.6 million views, along with AOL at 51 million, VEVO at 49.3 million, and Microsoft at 46.8 million.
comScore data also showed that 42% of advertisers intended to shift dollars from TV to online video this year, while almost 70% expressed their brand’s desire to increase their online video advertising. It’s important to note that all of these budgetary changes were planned by agencies whose clients enjoyed ongoing success with TV advertising.
Despite the major motivation to shift ad dollars from TV to online video, a few obstacles remained. Almost 60% of respondents were restricted by the issues of building reach and prior budget commitments, while 31% lacked agency coordination, and 12% cited privacy concerns.
Still, the remarkable popularity and performance of online video is making more and more marketers increase their interest and investments in online video ads.
MDG Advertising, a full-service advertising agency with offices in Boca Raton and New York, NY, is one of Florida’s top creative ad agencies. MDG specializes in developing integrated marketing strategies, exceptional creative executions, and solid branding and media-buying strategies that give clients a competitive advantage. Our core capabilities include print advertising, branding, logo design, creative, digital marketing, media planning and buying, radio and TV advertising, Web design and development, online video advertising, email marketing, social media marketing, and SEO. To stay on top of the latest trends in YouTube and video advertising, contact MDG Advertising today at 561-338-7797. Click on MDG’s infographic, “Advertisers, You Need YouTube” to learn more about expanding your brand’s social media marketing efforts by leveraging the influence and exposure of YouTube video advertising.
Written by Michael Del Gigante