Marketers count on statistics to give them a working knowledge of which of their strategies are actually working and which could use some work. These figures convey their campaign results, conversion rates, and their need for optimization. So which marketing statistics matter the most to marketers in 2016? DigitalDoughnut.com compiled a number of top statistics that marketers can count on this year.
The Cornerstones of Content Marketing
In 2016, content marketing counts more than ever, as shown by these statistics:
- 83% of businesses say that their top content marketing goal in 2016 is sales.
- 51% of digital marketers plan to increase their content marketing budget.
- 67% more leads will be generated by companies that maintain an active blog in 2016.
- 88% of B2B marketers currently use content marketing as part of their marketing strategy.
- 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn as part of their content strategy.
- 63% of B2C marketers said using infographics was effective.
- Marketers who prioritize blogging are 13 times more likely to achieve a positive ROI.
Most Desirable Data in Digital Marketing
Digital marketing is one of the number-one strategies for marketers this year, as seen by these statistics:
- In 2016, the Internet will become the largest medium for advertising.
- Programmatic marketing is predicted to more than double by 2018.
- 62% of the digital display advertising marketplace is comprised of programmatic advertising.
- 88% of businesses say that video is an important part of their digital marketing strategy.
- 64% of businesses that use video believe it has directly led to increased sales.
- 91% of businesses say they plan to increase or maintain their spending on video in 2016.
Essential Figures for Email Marketing
Numbers don’t lie and email marketing has repeatedly proven to be effective over the years. These statistics support its success rate:
Like what you are reading?
Follow MDG Advertising and always be in the know.
- Email marketing ranks highest for ROI compared to other strategies.
- 78% of consumers rank email as the most-preferred digital communication platform.
- Segmentation and personalization are the top priorities for marketers in 2016.
- Transactional emails produce an average open rate of 72% and a click-through rate of 30%.
- Emails that include social sharing buttons have a CTR that’s 158% higher than those that lack share links.
- Emails with personalized subject lines are 26% more likely to be opened.
Significant Statistics for Social Media Marketing
Count on consumer engagement and relationships from social media marketing, which has yielded the following findings:
- 57% of consumers say they’re influenced to think more highly of a business after seeing positive comments or praise online.
- 90% of young adults ages 18 to 29 use social media.
- The share of overall marketing budgets devoted to social media marketing is expected to increase to nearly 25% within the next five years.
- 80% of marketers identify engagement as one of the top three metrics for evaluating social media marketing success.
- 65% of the tools most frequently used to measure social media marketing results are the native analytics provided by social networks.
- Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter drive the most social media referral traffic back to websites.
- YouTube, LinkedIn, and Google+ drive the greatest amount of engaged traffic.
Must-Know Metrics for Mobile Marketing
Mobile marketing adds up to results in today’s mobile-centric times. Check out these strong statistics:
- 68% of companies have integrated mobile marketing into their overall marketing strategy.
- By 2019, mobile advertising will represent 72% of all U.S. digital ad spending.
- Pinterest is the most mobile social network, with 64% of its referred traffic from either smartphones or tablet devices.
- Mobile email opens have grown by 180% since 2013.
- 83% of mobile users say that a seamless experience across all devices is very important.
- 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile website they couldn’t access and 40% visit a competitor’s site instead.
- 57% of users will not recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile website.
MDG Advertising, a full-service advertising agency with offices in Boca Raton and New York, NY, is one of Florida’s top branding firms. MDG’s capabilities include print advertising, direct mail marketing, branding, logo design, creative, media buying and planning, radio and TV advertising, outdoor, newspaper, digital marketing, website design and development, online video advertising, infographic development, email marketing, video marketing, mobile marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, paid search marketing, and SEO. To learn about the latest trends in advertising and branding, contact MDG Advertising today at 561-338-7797 or visit mdgadvertising.com.